Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Identity Reality. A Poem...or something.

Like an unborn baby in the womb, O God, so is your quickening in my spirit. A delight. Unspeakable, but certain.

An unnamed passion that grips my vocal cords, filling my life with untrembled song.
Muscles loosen as a winding stream meets a mighty river.

Your presence, though with the depth of rich, dark chocolate on the tongue. A satisfaction so pure no need is left.
Complete.

But as gaze shifts, reality hits. Waves crash around my feet. I fall.
Fog abounds and surrounds a perfect melody. Discord enters blowing his awful trumpet.

I search for you in the noise of my mind. My humanity. My untamed thoughts tangle in front of your face.
The Earth screams. She battles herself. Tears of joy and laughter, of sorrow and pain.

You remain. Though scarred by her war, you are solid. Unmatched in your strength.

My heart, as it beats within my chest, is your grace consumed with each breath. Gasping but involuntary.

But as sudden as sun, piercing through cloud and chill, brings a shudder through to my soles. My eyes squint and cower. The brightest light.

Your voice. A quiet so deafeningly, comforting.
In a place of confusion, desperation, and loneliness you are the grasp of a mother's steady hand.

Moved. Removed. Planted in stone like an ancient tree, deeply rooted.

Your words drive through my reality like a sharpened blade.

Dividing what is told by what is known. Not 'known' as a passing leaf from a tree, slowly dying.
But declared like a meteorite passing through space, through time.

The identity reality. Where unknown becomes Known.

No comments:

Post a Comment